// What will I learn during this course?
This course will help you reinforce your fundamental classic abilities and techniques to strengthen highlighting knowledge and skills. This course includes theory work, demonstrations and hands on workshop sessions. Students will learn skills including classic highlighting, perfecting foiling, baby lights, placement of foils, partial, full and half head of highlights and slicing techniques with customising toners. A great motivational and confidence booster, building knowledge, reinforcing and perfecting skills for those of you currently in the hairdressing industry.
This course includes:
- Introduction of weaving and slicing
- Analysis and consultation of client
- Client suitability for highlights
- Product knowledge
- Understanding how to use a professional colour portfolio
- Classic foiling techniques, perfecting foiling application, partial and half head of highlights, baby lights, micro lights and slicing techniques with universal toners
- Precise application of colour
- When to choose the correct weave size to get the best result for different hair types and texture
- The difference between sizing of weaving for highlight application
- Mastering section patterns
- Colour placement for slicing techniques
- How to fold a foil
- The difference with application with a pintail comb and fingers
- When to use heat
- Build confidence and knowledge
- Solutions of any highlighting problems
- Practice on live models throughout the course
- LHA certificate awards on completion of this course
- You will learn and use professional colours throughout this course.
// What can I do with this course?
Students can apply their new knowledge of hair colouring on clients straight after the course with their London Hair Academy certificate.
// What courses can I progress onto?
Students can progress onto our full NVQ Level 3 Hairdressing course to gain an international qualification.