// Who is this course for?
This course is designed for complete beginners, or hairdressers who wish to expand their skills.
// What will I learn during this course?
Tape hair extensions use a strip of weft hair, which has an adhesive tape already applied. This method is quicker and more affordable than Pre-Bonded/Micro Rings extensions.
Micro Rings is a cold application using no glue. It uses metal rings which are clamped to pre-bonded hair and the natural hair itself.
Pre-Bonded uses U Tip or Nail Tip hair which is rolled round the natural hair to create a strong keratin bond.
Micro Weft uses a weft of hair attached onto natural hair using micro rings. This is a more temporary method, perfect for holidays or brides.
This course includes:
- Health and safety
- How to do a client consultation
- Sectioning and preparation of the hair
- How to apply different types of hair extensions
- How to apply a full head of hair extensions on a live model
- Colour matching and blending the hair
- How to care and maintain your hair extensions
- Safely removing hair extensions
- How to razor, cut and trim hair extensions
- Products and aftercare
- You will also learn how to get your hair extension business up and running
- Exclusive LHA 4 Systems course manual included
- LHA certificate awarded on completion of the course
Students are required to bring in a camera to take photos during this course as part of their portfolio of evidence for assessment purposes.
Fake nails/nail extensions are not permitted on this course as they inhibit the application process.
// What can I do with this course?
Students can begin applying hair extensions onto clients straight after the course with their London Hair Academy certificate. Students are also provided with a full kit for practice purposes.
//Kit provided with course
This Hair Extensions – 4 System Method kit contains everything a professional needs to carry out hair extension services. It includes equipment for Tape Extensions, Micro Rings, Pre-Bonded and Micro Weft. This kit is provided FREE on the Hair Extensions – 4 System Method course. For a full list of what this kit includes, please see the kit page.
// What courses can I progress onto?
Students who complete the Hair Extension course – The 4 Systems course can progress onto the Beginners Hair Cutting course to learn professional cutting skills, the Beginners Hair Colour course or our full NVQ Level 2 Hairdressing course to gain an international qualification.