// Who is this course for?
This intensive 5 day course is designed for complete beginners who wish to learn the basics of hair cutting. This is also a perfect course for session stylists, makeup artists and hair extensions technicians who wish to add to their skill set. A great confidence booster for those of you starting out in the hairdressing industry.
// What will I learn during this course?
The beginner’s course will teach you the basic skills and techniques to achieve high quality cutting techniques.
This course includes demonstrations and hands on workshop sessions, and a professional understanding of one length, layering techniques, and fringes.
This course includes:
- Introduction of professional salon tools and their uses
- Analysis and consultation of clients
- Client suitability – deciding which haircut suits different face shapes
- Product knowledge
- Core fundamental cutting techniques – one length, layering techniques, fringes
- Blow drying and finishing techniques
- Client aftercare
- Practice in live models throughout the course
- Students are welcome to bring in a camera to take photos of their work
- LHA certificate awarded on completion
This beginners course will include demonstrations, and hands on workshop sessions incorporating the fundamental techniques, skills and how to work methodically.
// What can I do with this course?
Students can begin cutting hair of clients straight after the course with their London Hair Academy certificate.
// What courses can I progress onto?
Students can progress onto the Beginners Hair Colour course to learn professional colouring skills, or our full ITEC NVQ Level 2 Hairdressing course to gain an international qualification.