// Who is this course for?
This intermediate course is carefully designed for students who wish to specialise in professional Asian bridal hair and makeup, or a hair/makeup artist who wishes to broaden their skills base or a refresher course for students who want to update their portfolio with the latest trends. Students must have experience or have done a beginner’s hair and makeup course prior to commencement.
// What will I learn during this course?
This course includes theory and practical learning on live models as well as demonstrations from our highly trained Asian Bride specialists.
This course includes:
- Health and safety
- Product selection
- Hair product and equipment selection – Learn how to select the perfect products and equipment for the style you are creating.
- Tools and building a professional kit
- Hair parting and sectioning
- Different pin usage and techniques
- Elements of hair styles including – barrel curls, curls, loops, plaiting, braids, knots, spikes, beehives.
- Application of the dupatta/chunni
- Jewellery setting
- Specialist hairstyles for occasions – such as registry, engagement and bridal
- Setting the hair – The secrets to long-lasting hold
- Tools and hygiene
- Advice and professional make-up kit
- Consultation forms and trials
- Theory, demonstration and practical examples of traditional and contemporary
- Asian bridal makeup looks – registry looks, engagement, and bridal looks such as traditional red and gold
- Basic make-up routine
- Application of decoration – including jewellery and peer setting
- Tricks of the trade
- Skin analysis
- Makeup application – foundation, concealer, corrector, contouring, highlighting, blusher, blending, powdering
- Eye shadow techniques – such as blending and smokey eyes
- Eyeliners – gel, pencil and cake
- Makeup tips – for the mother of the bride and bridesmaids
- London MakeUp School certificate awarded on completion of the course
Students are welcome to bring in a camera to take photos during this course.
// What can I do with this course?
The skills students learn during this course will enable them to work on bridal clients including the bridal party, and engagement and special occasion events.
// What courses can I progress onto?
Students can expand their skills further by completing our Advanced Professional Makeup course or Professional Hair Styling course, or explore other areas of hair and makeup such as our Beginners Hair Cutting course, Fashion and Photographic Makeup course, or Glamour Makeup course.